Sunday, January 5, 2014

Loving Life, Getting Things Done

Being the world's greatest procrastinator is a tough job. But for the past several years, I've been able to handle it.

After slowly but surely recovering from a major depressive disorder that began around the time of 9/11 and ended in the summer of 2012, I discovered that there was an awful lot of work that never got done while my mind was absent. 

About that same time I started working again. (I had been unable to during that horrendous period) I convinced myself I was too tired in the evenings to do much about getting it all done, but Dusty and I partnered up and little by little over a period of months, we managed to scrub, organize and de clutter every room within the house. 3 years ago, we hired someone to redo our bathroom, new walls, sink, walk in shower, the works. I volunteered to do the final coat of compound and sanding so we could save a few dollars.

Well folks...I finally started doing that yesterday! In preparation for my adventure as a homesteader, gardener, chicken keeper, and DIYer; I decided to Get Things Done.

It's going to take a few weeks, now that I see how badly the first coat of compound was done, but I felt so satisfied after doing 2 hours of scraping and sanding. From now on, it will no longer be "Why do today what I can put off until tomorrow"! 

Now I've been eating paleo for a little over 2 months now, and everyday I sit at my computer and look for delicious sounding recipes. I've gathered a few hundred..lol..but haven't done a thing with them ... Today I finally got to make the healthy Greek yogurt recipe from Eliza Cross, found on her blog at Happy Simple Living - Another accomplishment!

Probably the thing that give me the most satisfaction today is the fact that I fixed the hem in my kitchen curtains that has needed doing for several months now. (blush)

Anyway, I've decided that life is way too short, and I've missed so much of it in years past because I was unable to function, that I will procrastinate NO more! 

Come spring we need to build our coop for our future chickens, and put in a garden...I will have all of the inside things done first!

Just on an end note - I have also been sewing again! This is something I was very good at and enjoyed immensely in my youth and am picking back up again now that I have my very own sewing craft table again!
 I have had for a few years an Etsy shop: MargoRoseVintage  where I've been selling vintage jewelry and household items that I received after my Mom's death a couple years ago. I am seriously thinking of doing some smaller chicken items... What do you think?

Well, signing off now... time to check my yogurt and think about bed where I can lay awake for a few hours getting excited by life, and by getting things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment